BEAR Construction Company is proud to employ qualified team members. We understand that our company is only as good as the people that we employ. Our Team Members are highly professional craftsmen with a commitment to knowledge, skill, quality, safety and most importantly customer satisfaction.
With a new pathway to a rewarding career at BEAR, please review our employment opportunities available in Field Positions, Office Positions, and Decorating Positions below:
(15+yrs industry experience required)
As an established Chicagoland General Contractor for over 30 years, we are seeking an experienced Commercial Construction MEP Engineer / Estimator. The MEP Engineer / Estimator is responsible for all aspects of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection estimating including pre-construction, hard bids, negotiated bids, budgets, general conditions, systems studies and comparisons, value engineering, subcontractor relations and staying abreast of industry developments applicable to estimating. Position has significant profit/loss responsibility for construction projects.
- Assist in preparation of complete and accurate documents representing the scope of work for mechanical and electrical bid packages.
- Assist by actively participating in bid reviews for MEP bid packages.
- Lead and coordinate the MEP drawing coordination process.
- Work closely with the MEP design engineers to fully understand the expectations of the completed systems.
- Coordinate owner furnished equipment installation and information.
- Update and maintain contract drawings with new information as received.
- Assist in matters relating to mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection coordination, problems including as-built/close-out documentation.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture
- P.E. License in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- 15+ years of experience in Estimating Interior Renovation and M.E.P. Experience
- Quantity Surveys, Take off skills, Computer Skills
- Advance knowledge of construction principles and practices required
- Excellent organizational, team management, problem solving and motivational skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- A strong work ethic and a “can do” attitude
(5+yrs industry experience required)
As an established Chicagoland General Contractor for over 30 years, experiencing sustained growth, we are seeking a motivated Commercial Construction Senior Cost Estimator with 5+ years of experience.
We are a general contractor specializing in commercial construction projects such as tenant improvements, healthcare, industrial, new buildings, etc.
Our Senior Estimators must be highly organized, communicate effectively, work well with a team, and be able to complete projects in a fast paced environment. We are looking for an individual that will be able to review bid documents, work with contractors and produce complete bid packages while meeting deadlines.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Pre-construction bid management and database software as well as computer based on screen estimating and takeoff software experience is required.
We offer health benefits, 401k plan, paid time off, and more. You must have experience in commercial construction. If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume and salary requirements.Please feel free to fill out our on-line Office/Other Application.
(Previous experience with Certificates of Insurance)
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Full/Part-Time: Full Time
Location: Corporate Office – Rolling Meadows, IL
The Project Insurance Coordinator reports to the Senior Compliance Coordinator and plays a key role in the risk management process by ensuring vendor insurance compliance on each construction project, as well as identifying and resolving areas of risk exposure.
- Review insurance requirements for Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) associated with terms of Prime Contracts
- Request, obtain, review, track and file Contractor and Vendor certificates of insurance on a per-job basis
- Verify proper insurance coverage and additional insured verbiage on each insurance certificate, based on project requirements
- Request and maintain renewal certificates from each vendor upon their policy’s expiration
- Aid in the continual improvement of departmental policies and procedures
- Previous experience with Certificates of Insurance
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to accommodate additional responsibilities, as assigned
- Demonstrated competency of basic insurance knowledge
- Ability to analyze and mitigate risk
- 1+ year(s) in the Construction Industry
- Experience in Vista by Viewpoint
- Experience in Compliance Depot, myCOI. CertFocus or other online certificate-tracking programs
Opportunities for Growth
Additional responsibilities, cross-training and internal advancement opportunities are a few examples of how Bear Construction Company’s management team continually strives to motivate and challenge employees.
Please feel free to fill out our on-line Office/Other Application.
Qualified Applications are ALWAYS ACCEPTED!
Qualified Union Applications are ALWAYS ACCEPTED!
Please feel free to fill out our on-line Application.
BEAR Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.